Thursday, October 15, 2009

REFLECTION ON CAMSTUDIO



Camstudio, a free screen recording software that allows the user to make video recording of all screen activities on the user’s computer as well as audio recordings using a microphone. The software renders videos in an AVI format. It can also convert these AVIs into Flash Video format, embedded in SWF files. First, when I open up CamStudio, i need to choose the settings. Select "Options" from the menu and click "Video Options." A new dialog will open. I should now select a compressor. Compressors are used to keep my video file from being larger than it needs to be for my purpose. For instance, if i want to load my video onto YouTube, I will need to use a compressor to make sure that MY video is no larger than 100 MB per 10 minutes of video. Click on the dropdown list in the dialog to select one. A very effective free compressor is DivX. Click on the "Configure" button to select the bit rate (which for the web is best set to 56). I also change the quality to 60, turn of "Auto Adjust," set the "Key Frame rate" to 30 and click "OK."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment